Questions to ask when troubleshooting e-mail
I found myself sending multiple e-mails asking the same questions when I help troubleshoot e-mail issues. I find that 90-95% of e-mail issues are user error. I may expand on each of these at a later date. For now, here?s a quick list of things that help diagnose user related problems. ]]>
- Have you connected to this server before?
- Are you connecting from home or the office?
- Have you connected from this location before?
- When was the last time you connected from this location?
- Are you connecting to the same database you always connect to?
- Are you using the same client you always do?
- Are you using Windows or SQL auth?
- Can others around you connect?
- Has anything changed on your box since the last time you connected? For example, do you have a new version of a client or have you reverted to an older version?